Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 2 – 8, 2008 – UPDATE #1 (11/05/08)

I’m trying to get this blog better organized, and in doing so I’m trying some things out so please be patient with me as I try to figure all of this out. If anyone reading this blog has any suggestions PLEASE let me know. I’m all ears! (well maybe not all ears, but I am willing to listen.)

For now, I’m going to include all previous prayer requests. I thought about just adding new requests, however wanted to make sure that everyone who reads this (including myself) remembers ALL of the prayer requests and not just the new ones. Except for a few additions to those that I failed to mention who are pregnant; I’ve added the new prayer requests to the top and emphasized them with an asterisk (*). I’m also trying to keep the posts down so if I come across other prayer requests this week I’ll add them to this blog and note the date that it was updated.

Prayer Requests:
* Newly Elected President Obama – that he might lead the country in the direction that GOD wants it to go, and that he will turn to God for guidance and wisdom.
* Our country – as we select new leaders both local and national
* Celebration (Religious Youth Rally) – God works in everyone there, that lives may be transformed to be better servants of God and His Kingdom, safety for those traveling, and wisdom for those speaking, strength for those serving.
* Cousin – traveling a lot with her job
* Tiffany (same Tiffany as mentioned below) – that she does not have gestational diabetes
* Aunt - recovering from surgery after breaking her ankle. Can't put weight on it for several weeks.
UCSC Football team - Positive attitudes and displaying a Christ like personality while playing
Sister - Tooth, recovering from shoulder surgery, being off of work
Matt's father - recovering from foot surgery and being off of work
Sunday School Young Pro class - grow closer together and closer to God through our studies
Tommy (friend of a friend) - dealing with mental illness
Unknown (friend of a friend) - dying of kidney failure
Grandmother #1 - recovering from fall on knee, mental healing, physical healing, that she might be able go home by herself.
Grandmother #2 - mental healing, physical healing
Campus ministry where we came from - that they might grow, and others might realize their importance in God's kingdom
My Aunt & my entire family - grieving the passing of my uncle.
Abby's dad - health issues
Cousin - pregnancy difficulties
Tiffany, Lee, Mindy, Mandy, Janeen, Miriam, Leslie - pregnant
Wife - headaches and tiredness; stress of first semester after PhD
Trey - health issues with being able to speak
Myself - patience, understanding, & growth; less stress at work; things to slow down in my life

Prayer Praises:
* College Student we know #3 - successful surgery (knee)
College Student we know #1 - feeling better from episodes that were very concerning.
College Student we know #2 - successful surgery (let’s not ask the area! :S)

No comments: